Dallas Center - Grimes Community School District Status
All schools are scheduled to begin on time.
Dallas Center - Grimes Community School District
- Click this link to pay registration fees
- If you are new to our District and do not have a "Parent" Infinite Campus user name and password to pay your registration fees online, please contact the building.
Note: If you have children in more than one building, you only need to contact one secretary. You will view all of your children from one account.
The Burnett Scholarship committee has changed the method for which recipients are paid funds from the Burnett Charitable Trust. Below you will find our new procedures and the application for payment.
Silver Cord Award Update
New: The final project is now a presentation.
Remember: Each student may do no more than 15 hours of service in one place in one calendar year
- Click to view the Silver Cord webpage
- Click here to download the application as a PDF.
- Click here to download the application as a Word Document.
- Click here to download detailed instruction as a PDF.
During the month of May of the graduating year, seniors will deliver a 3-5 minute video presentation (individually or in pairs) to the 8th grade advisories. The goal of the final presentation is to deliver a positive message about the benefits of service to others in and around our community.
You can pick up a Silver Cord From in the Dean's office at the High School or Meadows front office.
Grades and Grading – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of grades? To communicate the learning to others. Grades must be:
- Accurate – The grade must reflect the academic performance of the student when the summative grade is given. Behaviors such as attitude, effort, late work, etc. should not affect the academic grade. DCG is considering a separate behavior or ‘employability’ grade to address this need.
- Fair – The grade must not be influenced by factors unrelated to academic performance, such as gender, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, etc.